Project update 7 of 14
First off, thanks again for all your support. We are very close to reaching our funding goal! So, if you were planning on getting a board…now is the time :)
In other news, last week I finally received the pre-production units from my contract manufacturer. They turned out beautiful! There is a small issue with the silkscreen (the paint they use is a bit thin and makes it hard to read text wherever there are traces underneath). I will work with the fab to sort that out. Otherwise, everything seems to be working fine!
I’m currently in the process of securing the most important components, and the global chip shortage is making it increasingly difficult. As of now, I can’t say for certain whether or not we will face significant availability issues, but I’m cautiously optimistic that we can avoid major delays. Nonetheless I’ve decided to push my estimated ship date back by a month. While I still feel confident in my manufacturing time line, I want to send you the highest-quality dev board possible, so I need to ensure that my beta testers have enough time to find any rough edges that I might have missed. (The original plan was to have those beta units sent out in early April. That didn’t happen, for various reasons, so beta testing was delayed by about a month.)
Hopefully I’ll end up shipping early, but I’d rather err on the side of caution. Thank you for your patience!