We received an update from the company that will be supplying AC/DC
converters for the BB3 peripheral modules, and it sounds like the
parts we ordered will not be ready for shipment until March
20th. Unfortunately, that means we’ve had to push our estimated ship
dates back to May 1st. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.
Since our previous update, we’ve made progress in the following areas:
- Enclosures are in the final phase; only silkscreens are missing from the front and rear panels
- Our PCBA manufacturer has received the PCB panels; a test batch should finally start tomorrow
- The wire harness is finished
- We have received the cardboard boxes that we will use for shipping
- The first 100 TFT displays have arrived
- We are working toward closing the firmware v1.0 feature list to ensure that we have enough time for testing. We struggled a bit, recently, with the reliability of read and write access to the SD Card, which has become a vital part of the system as it handles the storage of user profiles, lists, data logs, etc. Everything now seems to be working as expected.