The Binary Clock Shield can turn your Arduino into an extremely accurate real-time clock (RTC). It includes a ton of integrated features, so it can also be used as a counter, alarm, timer, thermometer, music box, and more.
Designed by and for makers
A big part of being a maker is learning new technologies that you can incorporate into your projects. The Binary Clock Shield is designed for makers, students, and even teachers. It can be specially-tailored for educational application to enable quick and easy "learning while building" projects.
Below you'll find all the information you need to configure your shield. Using the Arduino Software (IDE), you can easily start tinkering with code and electronics.
How to read the Binary Clock Shield:
- Operating voltage: 5 V via Arduino (USB or 7-12 VDC jack)
- Dimensions: 68.6 x 53.4 mm
- Weight: 19 g
- Same form factor as Arduino
- Compatible with Arduino UNO
- Three Buttons
- RTC - Real Time Clock
- Extremely accurate RTC on board
- Temperature sensor inside
- Easy to use with the Arduino "DS3232RTC.h" library
- RTC model - DS3231
- Piezo Buzzer
- Can play tones and music
- The buzzer is connected to the Arduino pwm pin "11"
- Easy to use with the Arduino "pitches.h" tone library
- Piezo model - KLJ-1230
- RGB Colors
- 17 LEDs
- You can program any color you want
- Only one Arduino pin "A3" is required to control all the LEDs
- Easy to use with the Arduino "FastLED.h" library
- Each LED is individually addressable
- LED model - WS2812B
- Battery Backup
- Battery socket on board for CR1216 / CR1220
- RTC switches to the battery supply and maintains accurate timekeeping when main power is interrupted or absent
- Battery is not included
Program the Binary Clock Shield LEDs to any color!
- RTC DS3231 - extremely accurate real-time clock
- KLJ1230 - piezo buzzer
- WS2812B - RGB LEDs
- RTC backup battery holder for CR1220 3 V coin cell
- Arduino connectors
Quick Setup & Alarm Melody Demo:
Support & Documentation
Binary Clock Shield for Arduino schematic.
Arduino Code Examples / Application Scenarios
Example or Arduino code.