Compatible With CM1, CM3, and CM3+ Compute Modules
If you’re looking to create your own router, edge computing device, or IoT
gateway, the PiGWay P2 and P4 are a step up from the kind of DIY solution you
might otherwise implement using a Raspberry Pi (RPi) or some other Single-Board
Computer (SBC). More specifically, they:
- Are driven by RPi Compute Modules with access to 8, 16, or 32 GB of eMMC flash
storage so they do not have to rely on SD Cards.
- Include a hardware crypto chip to help protect your sensitive key material.
- Support a wider range of power options by way of expansion boards.
- Can be expanded with peripherals like LTE modems and cameras by way of a USB
2.0 interface exposed through a four-pin header in the P4 and two four-pin
headers in the P2.
- Host multiple on-board NICs that provide for network isolation (keeping WAN
and LAN traffic separate, for example).
- Can power downstream peripherals like CCTV cameras and thermal imaging sensors
Whatsmore, our PiGWay boards are completely open hardware. By the time this
campaign ends, we will have published all of our P2 and P4 design files,
including our board schematics, layouts, project files, firmware, and software.
Note: Raspberry Pi Compute Module and power adapter not included.
Click to Expand
- Supports the full range of software available in the Raspberry Pi (RPi) ecosystem
- Compatible with suitably sized RPi HATs
- Crypto hardware chip for secure key storage and signing
- Multiple independent, 10/100 Mbps NICs
- PiGWay P2 - two NICs
- PiGWay P4 - four NICs
- USB expansion headers
- PiGWay P2 - two headers
- PiGWay P4 - one header
- MagJacks export PoE to the headers so that, using an expansion board, you can power the device via PoE (PD) or deliver power to attached devices
- PiGWay P2 - two PoE PSEs
- PiGWay P4 - four PoE PSEs
- One power LED & three programmable LEDs
- Professional enclosure available
- NIC 1 & USB Hub: Microchip LAN9514 with EEPROM
- NICs 2 - 4: Microchip LAN9500A with EEPROM
- Crypto: Microchip ATECC608A
- Power: Requires clean, 5 VDC power, at 3 A, by way of a 2.1 mm barrel plug (positive center)
Click to Expand