Growing robust organic plants shouldn’t be expensive, difficult or intimidating. Luckily, it’s none of those things with the right materials and guidance.
That’s why we created the first kit ever to incorporate necessary growing materials with exclusive online tutorials guiding you every step of the way. Just choose your soil, your plant, and login to our secure portal from your home or any mobile device to get growing.
So come along. Save money. Protect our water supply from harmful fertilizers. And most of all, have fun celebrating freedom!
For Wholesale Inquiries, Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make organic home-growing simple, approachable and fun!
- Free exclusive online growing tutorials
- Simple & intuitive
- Earth friendly & organic
- Designed & assembled in Portland
First, the growing necessities
- Grow Bag – 7 gallons (1 cubic foot), locally designed, bio-degradable, breathable
- Organic Nutrients – 8 oz. bottle of organic veg, 8 oz. bottle of organic bloom
- Measuring Shot – measure accurately, then start the party
- Jewelers Loupe – 40x magnified with LED light
Second, the curing necessities
- Trimming Shears – razor sharp stainless steel
- Drying Rack – handmade, fully adjustable, 3 lines, 8.5 ft. long x 9 in. wide, gorilla-hooks and twist-ties included
- Curing Jar – 3 liters (quarts), hermetically sealed, durable and beautiful
- Relative Humidity Regulator - avoid mold or over-drying with the Boveda 62
Finally, the help
Instructional Videos – Simple, easy-to-follow videos that help you through the whole grow and cure process. Videos will be posted on our website by first delivery, 5/20/2016.
Collaborative Forum – Get your questions and concerns answered on our collaborative forum.
What’s Not Included?
- The soil – 1 cubic foot of soil weighs a lot, so shipping it costs a lot. To save our customers money, we will instead be recommending organic soils for purchase in local and nationwide stores.
- The plant – Get creative! Our kits can be used for growing anything organic, and we don’t want to hamstring our customers into one kind of plant.
What Can It Be Used For?
- Entire Kit - growing and curing most organics
- Grow Bag – a home for happy plants
- Curing Jar – curing, pickling, and dried goods storage
- Drying Rack – hang drying herbs, laundry line for camping, other yet to be explored uses
- Organic Nutrients – plant food, general fertilizer, sexy cologne (works 60% of the time, every time…)
- Measuring Shot – measurements up to 1oz (6tsp), getting the party started
- Trimming Shears – trimming plants, cutting ribbon, warding off intruders
- Jeweler’s Loupe – inspect for plant wrecking pests, monitor plant health, study ant colonies
- Humidity Control – maintain the perfect storage humidity for most herbs, spices and dried fruits
Where Can It Be Used?
- Urban Gardening - We designed the Grow & Cure Kit with urban gardeners in mind. A balcony, small back patio, or even a larger yard are all great places to use your kit. Just be sure the spot gets a few hours of sunlight a day.
- Movable Grow Medium - Even if you have a full garden in place, growing your herbs in a moveable growing medium is ideal. As the rain comes, so does the possibility of mold formation. Having the ability to place your plant undercover during heavy rain can save a harvest.
Does It Work Inside? – Yes. We have tested our Grow & Cure Kits in our own indoor garden. The plants grew healthy and happy, and once you have your indoor garden setup, the process is similar to growing outdoors.
Indoor Educational Materials – Our educational materials will focus on outdoor growing initially. However, we do plan to assess the addition of indoor focused materials once the summer grow season has wrapped up.
The Portland Homegrown Story
Simply Put: We are a team of Portlanders passionate about design, self sufficiency, and freedom of choice.
With family roots in organic farming, we knew that growing organically is easy and inexpensive with the right tools and guidance. But the choices on the market for beginner growing kits were anything but that.
Most DIY grow kits are indoor focused, expensive, and energy inefficient. And when it came to online tutorials or classes, they were either costly (averaging $150 or more), or free but confusing and too long.
That’s what we set out to change. By creating simple, approachable growing instructions and including them with the materials needed to grow, we hope to increase access to the cost saving and fun pastime of growing your own organically.
So from all of us at Portland Homegrown: We are so excited to grow with you this summer and for years to come!