Available for pre-orderView Purchasing Options
Project update 11 of 13
First of all, thank you very much for supporting and believing in our Kryptor project. Together, we exceeded our target by 109%! Without you, we would not be here today being able to offer our encryption solution to so many enthusiasts.
This is the first update after the successful closure of the campaign. In the following months, we will keep you updated throughout the entire process, all the way until the delivery of the products to your door.
Second of all, we have to talk about the elephant in the room: The global supply chain for all electronic components is heavily compromised, and we are witnessing big delays and sometimes outrageous price increases (up to 7000%! Yes 70x). We are going to be very transparent about the situation on the component market and keep you informed about it. Here you can read more info about the global situation.
We are located in Tallinn/Estonia, and due to various complications, we managed to get the campaign proceeds in our bank only a few days ago. However, we have already started to source some of the elements that belong to our Kryptor package. We have already received all the USB Blaster programming devices, which we are now going to test one by one before shipping. We are currently in the process of ordering the jumper cables, small breadboards and all components for the JTAG adapter devices.
The biggest challenge at the moment is the sourcing of the MAX10 FPGA chip, which is out of stock at any usual distributor worldwide due to the component crisis. This week, we are going to place a back order for all the needed chips at one of the suppliers, after which we will have to wait several weeks for the parts to be supplied. The rest of the components for Kryptor will be sourced by our outsourced service provider in Belgium, who will eventually deliver to us the final assembled product.
We are still holding on to the delivery target which we set by the end of February 2022, but almost everything will depend on the availability of the MAX10 chip. As an alternative, we are also considering the possibility of using a slightly more expensive and better performing FPGA chip (the 10M08DAF256C7G rather than the planned 10M08DAF256C8G) in case we can be sure it would be faster to obtain.
Finally, we want you to know that as soon as we have new information regarding our process, we will reach out to give you our latest updates. If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to contact us (there is a form on the campaign page). Also, we welcome you to join us on our Telegram group or Twitter account @SkudoTech, to engage with us directly.