Jupiter Nano is an open source hardware development board that runs NuttX RTOS or Linux. It has a tiny 48-pin form factor (1.125″ x 2.5″, similar in size to the Teensy 4.1) and is 10x more powerful than the Arduino Due.
Jupiter Nano is perfect for Arduino users who need a tiny, powerful computer with more CPU power, lots of RAM, or an internet-connected real time operating system (NuttX). It should also be attractive to any Linux users who need a tiny, open-source hardware computer with lots of I/O and high-speed Wi-Fi. The applications for a board this small, and this powerful, are nearly endless.
Features & Specifications
- Open source hardware development board
- Runs NuttX RTOS or Linux
- Size: Tiny 48-pin form factor (1.125″ x 2.5″, similar in size to Teensy 4.1)
- Programming: JTAG port for programming and debugging
- CPU: Microchip SAMA5D27C-LD1G running at 498 Mhz
- DRAM: AP Memory AD2100XXX 128 M x 32 LPDDR2 DRAM chip integrated into system-in-package (SIP)
- Power management: Qorvo ACT8945A with integrated LiPo battery charging capability
- Power delivery: Compatible with many LiPo batteries
- Designed in KiCAD: the hardware design can be altered using 100% open source KiCAD software
- 10x more powerful than the Arduino Due:
- ARM Cortex A5 processor running at 498 Mhz (7x clock speed of the Arduino Due)
- 128 MB RAM (1280x RAM of Arduino Due)
- Key peripherals use DMA (USB, SPI, I2C, Flexcom)
- USB 2.0 HS port on USB-micro B jack (Port A, 480 Mbps, host or device)
- USB 2.0 HS port on a pin-header connection (Port B, 480 Mbps, host only)
- USB 2.0 FS Debug console port on USB-micro B jack (12 Mbps)
- SD Card slot – 50 MHz DDR - device boots from the card (this means it is impossible to brick the device)
- Native SPI and I2C ports
- 4 FLEXCOMs on I/O pins – flexible serial controller peripherals that can be SPI, UART, or I2C
Open source information, such as the board KiCAD files, schematics, project files, and software will be provided once the campaign is fully funded.
Interested in This Project?
You can sign up to be notified when this campaign launches, and to get any other useful updates, right at the top of this page. We work hard to only send out useful information and you can unsubscribe at any time.