The motionPro 6600 is motion controller for stepper motor driven machines. It has integrated motor drivers with high powered Toshiba drivers capable for putting out 4A per channel. Onboard logic is included but it can be controlled using any software that puts out TTL level step and direction signals making the controller software agnostic. It has popular physical interfaces such as a parallel port, USB and an IDC header making it easy to interface it with just about any control logic.
In development right now is a custom jogger and a 4A laser driver that can drive laser diodes upto 5W.
Who is this controller for?
This controller is vital for anyone who owns, builds or is planning to build a milling machine, laser engraver/cutter, sliders, mechanical arms or pretty much anything that requries precise motion control. The motionPro 6600 is great for anyone who wants to control different machines without investing in expensive bespoke hardware.
If you work in any of these professions or own a business in these industries, the motionPro 6600 is for you.
- DIY’ers and makers
- Industrial designers
- Industrial users
- Product designers
- Vocational training institutions and maker spaces/labs
- Research labs
- Software developers who work with electronics motion hardware
Features & Specifications
- Control up to 4-axes per machine
- High-power stepper drivers capable of driving up to 4 NEMA 17/23/34 motors at up to 4A per motor
- Independently configurable current limits and stepper resolutions (upto 16 micro-steps) for all four axes
- Selectable Clone axis function - Clone the X or Y axis, or use it as a 4th axis
- Software agnostic - Use with the on-board grbl firmware or any other external control logic that is capable of giving out TTL-level control signals
- Connects using USB, parallel/printer port or the onboard IDC connector
- All step and direction inputs have been broken out for control using external logic
- On-board opto-isolators between control signals inputs and the driver chips
- Great thermal performance (tested!) with a beefy heatsink for primary heat dissipation and the PCB copper pours for secondary heatsinking
- Reverse power connect protection
- Wide input power ranging from 12V to 36V. On-board 3.3V, 5V and 12V outputs for connecting fans etc.
- Noise filtered inputs for all limit switches, probes and emergency stop switches
- On-board parallel port for direct connection with software’s such as Mach 3 or LinuxCNC
- Physical dimensions: 202mm x 140mm x 40mm. Weight (with heatsink): ~800 grams.