Continuing the glory of the Inkplate series, we present you the newest board - Inkplate 6COLOR - incredibly simple to use e-paper display, now with colorful e-paper display. Powerful, Wi-Fi enabled ESP32 microcontroller makes this 5.8" e-paper display – recycled from Kindle e-readers – incredibly easy to control. Just plug in a USB cable, open Arduino IDE (or MicroPython), and change the contents of the screen with few lines of code! Thanks to its low-power mode, you can run it for months, or even years, on a single battery.
What Can I Use Inkplate 6COLOR For?
- A high-latency information panel - Show calendar, temperature, weather, and air quality data. Track your stocks, learn a new word each day, display information about whatever song is playing, or keep tabs on your social media accounts. Switch between various options easily using the touchscreen. Inkplate 6PLUS will draw almost no power until it needs to pull new data or refresh its screen.
- A collaborative task tracker - Maintain shared lists of groceries to buy, chores to do, and birthdays to remember. No dry-erase markers required - just tap the screen to mark as done. Or, replace the power-hungry wall monitor in your office with an e-paper kanban on each desk.
- A minimalist e-paper typewriter - Get those words out, store them on an SD card, and sync them to the cloud, all while keeping your distance from distractions like social media and email.
- An open hardware e-reader - Sweep aside the barriers put in place by restrictive, centralized platforms, and e-read whatever you want!
- Art - Frame photographs pulled from an SD card or an online camera roll. Or generate abstract art from sensor data. Or torment your house guests with a modern take on the classic, black-and-white "photo booth."
Features & Specifications
- A 5.8-inch, 600x448 pixel color e-paper display, with 7 colors directly available (Black, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Orange)
- Dithering algorithms built into Arduino library, so you can show any color using 7 existing ones
- An on-board ESP32 microcontroller with integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE)
- Extremely low-energy, battery- or USB-powered operation (including a 25 µA sleep state) that wrings days, weeks, or months out of a single charge
- A MicroSD card reader from which Inkplate 6PLUS can pull images to display
- Real Time Clock onboard
- A form factor that's optimized for the design of custom enclosures, but available with pre-3D-printed case as well
- Additional GPIO pins, easyC/Qwiic compatibility, and support for I²C and SPI
- Arduino libraries (100% compatible with Adafruit GFX) and a MicroPython module that facilitates the rendering of text, images, and line art
Interested in This Project?
You can sign up to be notified when this campaign launches, and to get any other useful updates, right at the top of this page. We work hard to only send out useful information and you can unsubscribe at any time.